Rishi Valley - 517 352, (Chittoor District), Andhra Pradesh, India
Certificate Course in Ornithology, A Home Study Course
Applications for admission are invited every month.
The Institute offers a six-month course in Bird Study to promote better understanding of birds and their world in the general public, particularly among its youthful members. This course hopes to promote the cause of birds through creating an interest in birdwatching as a hobby among the general public. This is a self-study course, without any form of direct instructions, which students will have to study and complete on their own.
The course is open to students of age 17 and above at all levels of formal and non-formal education and the general public with no upper age limit. Since the medium of instruction is English, a level of attainment at least equal to that expected of Standard 12 in English medium schools is necessary for those wishing to enroll themselves for the course.
"The course is run on a non-profit basis and has been supported through contributions from the students joining the course. Currently, the per-capita cost works out to Rs.1000/-.
- To promote bird consciousness among youth and adults through a comprehensive course of bird studies.
- To enable students to grasp the ecological role of birds in sustaining the balance of nature, and to acquire a well-informed interest in the preservation of birds and conservation of their habitats.
- To familiarize students with the beauties and felicities of the world of birds and to nurture their aesthetic sensibilities.
- To help students realize the value of birds as the most vital and conspicuous component of our biological heritage, and play an active role in preserving biodiversity.
- To equip them with the required knowledge about present-day environmental concerns and enable them to discharge their Constitutional obligation for protecting and improving the natural environment for the benefit of future generations.