The UGC has taken a serious view of the complete violation of UGC (Establishment of
and Maintenance of Standards in Private Universities) Regulations, 2003 by the EIILM
University. The University is hereby directed to:-
1. Conduct courses in regular mode only at the main campus of the University with the
prior approval of Statutory Council(s), wherever required. The list of the degrees
specified by the UGC under Section 22 of the UGC Act, 1956 is available on the UGC
2. Immediately discontinue all the courses run under distance mode in the country and
abroad as these courses are run without the approval of UGC and DEC.
3. Courses under distance mode can be conducted only after prior approval of UGC.
4. Immediately close down all the ‘Admission-cum-Counselling Centres’ which are
admitting students for courses run under distance mode.
5. Immediately close down all the off-campus centre(s), off-shore campus centre(s), Study
Centre(s) and Franchisee Centre(s) as these are established without the approval of
Failing to comply with the above directions, the UGC may take action against the EIILM
University as per the provisions of the UGC Act and UGC (Establishment of and Maintenance of
Standards in Private Universities) Regulations, 2003. The University is requested to submit a
compliance report in respect of the above on urgent basis.
Information Source: UGC